Astragalus Organic Powder
Used in TCM, this root powder may act as a potent antioxidant & increases endurance & stamina. Astragalus is a perennial plant native to the northern & eastern parts of China, Mongolia & Korea. The root is the medicinal part of the plant.
Astragalus is an adaptogen, which means it protects the body against various stresses, including physical, mental, or emotional stress.
Easy to use add 1/2-1 tsp daily to your daily coffee, tea, smoothie, water or blend into your favourite food.
Ingredients: Certified organic supplier.
Store in airtight container out of direct sunlight under 25C.
|Botanical Name||Astragalus membranaceous|
|Organic Status||Certified Organic|
|Country of Origin||China|
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs are provided on this site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. If you have any serious health concerns, you should always check with your health care practitioner before self-administering herbs.
Astragalus & Chai Tea
Astragalus pairs beautifully in your favourite Chai blend. If you would like to start from scratch here is a wonderful recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. astragalus root
- 2 tbsp of liquorice root
- 2 Tbsp. of ginger root
- 2 Tbsp. orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. of cinnamon chips
- 1 tsp. of white peppercorn
- 1-2 cardamom pods
- 3-5 whole allspice berries
- 3-5 whole cloves
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Add milk and raw, local honey if desired.
Astragalus Miso Soup
- 2 cups broth (bone broth, meat broth, veggie broth)
- 30 grams astragalus
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1-3 tablespoons miso Choose refrigerated types only as they contain probiotic for healthy gut flora
- 3-6cm strip of kombu seaweed
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, fresh
- ¼ of one 14-oz package of firm tofu, chopped into squares
In a medium sized pot bring the broth, astragalus & pepper to simmer for 30mins with lid on. Then strain off the astragalus & for a further 5 mins simmer with the mushrooms, seaweed & tofu. take off the heat & add add your desired amount of miso to taste.